Tuesday, May 31, 2011

May 2011

Another month has gone by. I bemoaned April because of the bad weather: too much rains and too many killer storms. The month of May night not have had as many tornados as April, but it had one of the deadliest. In addition to the many lives lost and people who were injured, I heard this morning that 8,000 homes were destroyed in Joplin. It sends your head reeling.

I applaud the volunteers and government officials who have done tremendous work in the area and all still have much to do. Sever years ago after my husband died, a friend asked me how I was doing. I said I don’t know, I just get up in the morning, do what I can, go to bed exhausted and try to get some sleep, then get up in the morning and and do it all over again. There are so many things that need doing in the tornado aftermath, the one foot in front of another regimen must be very trying indeed. God help you all and give you strength to do what you must.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can. And, if you can't be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can." Reputedly, advice from an old New Englander on staying cool, calm and collected.