Sunday, June 9, 2013

With Joy In My Heart
 
I’m engaged in the joy of packing in anticipation of moving to another villa. In going through some boxes, I’m finding things I have seen in quite some time. The “With Joy In My Heart” piece was one of them. This was written about 35 years ago. There are a few other things, but though I’ve been putting thoughts on paper for most  of my life, I discarded them instead of keeping them. Go figure!

 
With joy in my heart
For each little thing,

That You in Your wisdom

Into my life did bring,

For You’ll shape my destiny

If I but yield,

My life unto You

As do the lilies of the field.

I can enjoy today

And not fear tomorrow,

For I am your child
 
In both joy and sorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can. And, if you can't be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can." Reputedly, advice from an old New Englander on staying cool, calm and collected.