Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Day Out

My day out was only about an hour; it just seemed like a day. I went to Walmart for the first time in at least a year and a half. That is a really big store! It seemed even bigger than it was before, and I had to walk from one end of the store to another to get the various things I needed.

For the past year or so, my shopping forays have all been in the near vicinity to where I live. Originally, I only planned to go to the grocery store because my milk jug was empty, but there were a couple of things I couldn’t find at nearby stores. The temperature was supposed to move up to about 40 degrees, so I decided it might be a good time to scoot out to Walmart. I could pick up the other things I needed and get the milk as well. [It's funny how a simple trip to the store for one or two items works its way up to $50 to $100.]

The weather wasn’t too bad and surprisingly enough the parking space in front of my villa was open when I returned. That was a plus! I picked up some ‘little drumsticks’ at the deli, which were very good, as well as a pumpkin pie from the nearby bakery department. That made a good lunch when I got back home. I had been home maybe half an hour when it began to snow like crazy. It is still doing so, but not as heavily. The snow is melting as it hits the street, but is accumulating a bit on the grassy areas.

So, what is in store for the rest of the day: Reading, a bit of crocheting [I’m making some pink and white caps for cancer patients and/or cancer supporters.] It is one of the “Do One Nice Thing” projects that I thought I would do, though I can’t crochet too long at any one time. A little work on the computer, and so on, as the spirit moves me.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard to believe that it has been a year and a half since you have been to WalMart. I am truly glad that you ventured out at just the right time of day and were already back home before the snow started! It is great that you are making caps for cancer patients. There are a great many ways to one kind thing for people we know and for those we don't know. It is just a matter of thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete

"Be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can. And, if you can't be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can." Reputedly, advice from an old New Englander on staying cool, calm and collected.