Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Errands: Two Day Deal

Yesterday was errand day again. I hadn’t been out and about in the car since New Year’s Day, before the advent of the snow and brrrr cold weather. With today’s weather warnings, we can know in advance when the weather and roads will be bad, so we have a chance to get in the necessities to tide us over. If I don’t have to go out, I don’t. In addition my son called to see if I needed anything, but as it happened I didn't. I don’t see any point in getting out in the bitter cold and cleaning the snow or ice off the car if I’m not going anywhere. As the weather warms up and/or the sun comes out, I let the warmer temperatures do the job for me. The sun took off most of the snow on my car, plus I saw someone brush off some of it on the east side of the car! Much of the snow had melted on the west side.

The temperatures were in the thirties, there was no cold wind to contend with, and six stops had accumulated. Since one of those stops was the grocery store, I decided to cut the stops in half because that one alone tires me out. There was an open parking space in front of my villa, so I didn’t have to park at the curb, carry the bags in, and then find another space to park, down the block. I still have three more errands to do, so that means I have to go out again. The rest of the week is supposed to be even warmer than yesterday, so that’s good.

I’m grateful that I can still get out if, and when I want to, or need to. And for the fact, that in Missouri, we know the temperatures will change for the better. I’m also grateful for children who are willing to help if, or when I need them to.

Errands - Part Two: Temperatures are warmer, but damp cold. I went back out to try to finish the second half of the three erands I didn't do earlier this week. Meanwhile, three more jobs cropped up. While out today, I did two of the errands I didn't get done on my earlier foray, pushed back one task yet again, and did one of the newer things that had cropped up. So, I'm still three errands behind. Maybe no new things to do will pop up before I go out again, and on my next trip out I can cross the current three jobs off the list, and end up with zerio errands to do - until the cycle begins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can. And, if you can't be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can." Reputedly, advice from an old New Englander on staying cool, calm and collected.