Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What’s New

This morning I saw a segment on the Today Show where they showed various new items on the market. I think it was called "Jill’s Fun Finds." There were several items shown, but two in particular caught my eye.

Monopoly has come up with a digitalized version of their game. I never really liked Monopoly, but a lot of people do, and fans of the game will probably love it.

The item that really intrigued me was a new “party” camera. It sets on its own little lazy-susan-like stand, where I assume it is plugged in and turned on. The stand rotates to cover the party area. And here is the unusual bit: a smiling face activates the camera. The camera stops and takes a picture of the smiler.

Your party album will be filled with happy looking faces only. No bored or disgruntled seeming faces. A smile will get your picture taken. If you don’t want to be a part of the party shoot, just keep a straight face, or frown— if you must. If you like having your picture taken, or want to be included in the album, smile for the camera.

It’s as simple as that. This seems to fall into the what will they think of next category. We don’t know, but we do know that new ideas will continue to surprise us from time to time. I didn't catch the cost of either, but it will be easy to find out.







1 comment:

  1. This was a great idea! I like that you posted the new things you saw on Good morning, America. I didn't see that show but I got the benefit of it by reading your blog. Oh, we bought a camera last spring that has that smile feature on it. It is cool.

    ReplyDelete

"Be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can. And, if you can't be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can." Reputedly, advice from an old New Englander on staying cool, calm and collected.