Saturday, August 8, 2009

Pennies to Dollars

We all know grocery costs have gone up considerably in the recent past. Prices have increased on many items. There are some things you can do to cut costs when you shop for food. One of these is the use of coupons. Do you use them? I do, sometimes. There are many coupons that come here, through the mail and in the local newspaper. Many of them are for items I know I won’t purchase, so are of no use to me. When I find a coupon for something I do use, I clip the coupons, but I’m careless about it. I forget to take coupons to the store with me. I let them expire, which annoys me with myself. I do manage to take advantage of some of them.

There are also coupons you can find on the Internet and print for your use when shopping. This morning I saw an ad for Boost on someone’s web site. Boost is my favorite of the convenient energy drinks available, so I clicked on the URL to see what it was about. On the Boost site, they had a coupon you could use towards the purchase of a Boost Multipack. The coupon was for $2.00. That is a good savings, so I’m going to be sure I don’t let it expire. I also plan to be on the lookout for other coupons that might be useful to me. Good luck with your shopping – and saving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can. And, if you can't be ca'am, be as ca'am as you can." Reputedly, advice from an old New Englander on staying cool, calm and collected.